Re: Accessiing the CVS tip for Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Accessiing the CVS tip for Emacs
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 20:56:28 GMT

> I would dearly love to trial the latest source of Emacs but am behind a
> firewall and therefore cannot get access to the CVS repository.

Well, what *can* you access?
I recommend you try:

% apt-get install tla
% tla my-id Peter Milliken <PeterM@resmed.com.au>
% tla my-revision-library ~/tmp/arch-lib
% tla library-config --greedy ~/tmp/arch-lib
% tla register-archive http://sourcecontrol.net/~miles/miles@gnu.org--gnu-2004
% tla get miles@gnu.org--gnu-2004/emacs--cvs-trunk--0

The first 4 commands are to install&setup Arch.
The last-but-one is to tell where to find Miles Bader's Arch "repository".
The last one is to fetch his emacs--cvs-trunk--0 branch which the Arch
version of Emacs's CVS trunk (synchronized more or less daily).

Further updating of the checked out tree can be done with just

% tla star-merge --three-way

        Stefan