How to alias directories?

From: J Krugman
Subject: How to alias directories?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:44:38 +0000 (UTC)

I'm doing work on files residing in two directories with long,
non-overlapping pathnames (this is all on Linux).  It is a pain to
type these long pathnames whenever I need to find a new file in
one of these two directories (this happens whenever I'm visiting
a buffer corresponding to a file in one of the two directories,
and try to find-file a file that lives in the other directory).

I could make symbolic links with short names (e.g. "A" and "B")
pointing to these two directories, to simplify the typing, but I
was wondering if there was a way to do this sort of "directory
aliasing" directly within Emacs.

Thanks!

jill
--
To  s&e^n]d  me  m~a}i]l  r%e*m?o\v[e  bit from my a|d)d:r{e:s]s.