Re: Emacs on OS X - configuration package

From: David Steuber
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X - configuration package
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:41:23 GMT

videoxfer <videoxfer@xfer.tv> writes:

> On 2004-03-01, Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl> wrote:
> > Well, I don't. The main reason is that I would loose the Alt-keyboard
> > function which gives me acces to non-ASCII characters, like the Euro sign
> > and accented characters.
>

> True.  You _can_ still enter many accented latin1-specific characters
> with the option key even if option is bound to meta.  For instance I
> can use opt-u in the usual mac way to enter ü, ö etc.  In fact I just
> did.  But as you say, you can't get at everything this way, for
> instance I can't use opt-s to enter ß (I did insert-ss to enter that
> one).

I am seeing blocks/rectangles (default glyphs?) rather than proper
charcter glyphs in my Carbon Emacs build.  Is there a way for me to
fix that?  I am running a fairly recent CVS compile.  I don't recall
the date of my last checkout, but this has been a problem for a while
now.

--
Those who do not remember the history of Lisp are doomed to repeat it,
badly.