Re: Printing under OS X

From: Colin Marquardt
Subject: Re: Printing under OS X
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:36:10 +0100

Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> writes:

> Pity, really, as it looks to me like LaTeX ought to be renderable
> along the same lines as HTML and not require 100+ megabytes of stuff
> to do even the simplest task.

It's designed to render the same output on every device it supports,
not to "put out some text". That said, it might be less hassle to
just use pdflatex and get PDF files as output (hyperlinked and all
if wanted), rather than going the DVI --> PS route.

Being increasingly OT here, the follow-up should probably go to
comp.text.tex, but I don't read that group at the moment...

Cheers,
  Colin