Re: Printing under OS X

From: Hubert Chan
Subject: Re: Printing under OS X
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:51:19 -0500

[...]

>> If you have a complete and working (La)TeX installation you probably
>> (must ??) have dvips installed somewhere.

Tim> I installed AucTeX from source, but no dvips with that or anywhere
Tim> on my drive.  I'll look around on the 'net.  Thanks!

AucTeX is not a (La)TeX distribution.  It is only an emacs package for
making dealing with (La)TeX files easier.  In order to do anything
useful with LaTeX files, you'll need to install a LaTeX distribution.
It looks like fink[1] includes a port of tetex, so you can try that.

[1] http://fink.sourceforge.net/

Just install fink, and run "apt-get install tetex" from a terminal.
(Or use their graphical tool, if you don't like the command line.)
Then you'll have to fiddle with some path stuff so that emacs can find
fink-installed software.  (I don't use a Mac, so I can't help you with
that.  Maybe someone else can.)

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA