YOW!! W3 totally BROKEN under EMACS 21.3.1!

From: C. Armour
Subject: YOW!! W3 totally BROKEN under EMACS 21.3.1!
Date: 20 Jan 2004 20:39:43 -0500

Unfortunately, I can't even provide a backtrace of what happens
because I had to completely remove the elc files from
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp in order to get GNUS to load.

>From memory then (which is still pretty fresh because I wasted the
better part of the day on this), I would load a URL, and when it
would try to load an image, I'd get void function errors for
"image-finalize".  Manually loading "images.elc" didn't help.
Some bullshit about the argument not being the right type, so
I give up.

My head hurts now.  Does w3 even supposed to work with
21.3.1?   I've compiled in support for just about every single
image format known to man.  Wha could be wrong?  Wha?  WHA!?

cda