Re: Flyspell: correcting words

From: Kester Clegg
Subject: Re: Flyspell: correcting words
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:44:18 +0000

gebser@speakeasy.net writes:

> When, in flyspell-mode, I "M-x flyspell-correct-word", emacs replies
> "flyspell-correct-word must be bound to an event with parameters".

Maybe you want to quickly auto-correct? If so, you can easily bind that
function to a key press:

;; correct and expand last bad word
(global-set-key (kbd "<f2>") 'flyspell-auto-correct-word)

This works surprisingly well for simple typos.

Kester Clegg                            Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Assistant (UTC)                University of York,
Tel (01904) 43 27 49                    email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk