Re: inserting comment headings

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: inserting comment headings
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:35:45 +1100

 leo> "Patrick Drechsler" <patrick.drechsler@gmx.net> wrote in message
 leo> m3vfn8g5ia.fsf@pdrechsler.fqdn.th-h.de">news:m3vfn8g5ia.fsf@pdrechsler.fqdn.th-h.de...
 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> I can't find a command for inserting comment seperation
 >> headers... I'm probably looking for the wrong keywords.
 >>
 >> How do I insert something like this (i.e. lisp; preverably in all
 >> modes):
 >>
 >> ;;* my comment ----------------------------------------

 leo> you can use `comment-region': set the mark before you begin,
 leo> then write the comment text and invoke `comment-region'.

 leo> should work in multiple modes.

 leo> cheers, leo

In addition, in most modes if you hit M-; (usually bound to
comment-region) without having set the region, you will get a comment
character and then if you hit M-j you will get a continuation of the
comment marker on the next line.

Tim

--
Tim Cross