Re: browse url function and w3m

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: browse url function and w3m
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:06:03 -0600

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:

> Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> How can I set `browse-url-browser-function' to `w3m-browse-url'
>> but only when html-helper-mode is invoked?
>
> Just a guess:
>

> (add-hook 'html-helper-mode-hook
>         (lambda ()
>           (set (make-local-variable 'browse-url-browser-function)
>                'w3m-browse-url)))

Good guess Kevin thanks.  I see there is another problem involved and
maybe pushing my luck here but here goes:

With the above in place, the effect is for w3m to browse the subject
file (in working html buffer) when one calles `browse-url-of-file'.
Only problem is that it pulls it up in a *w3m* buffer you then have to
switch to.

I don't see a function in w3m commands that will make it appear in
another window or even frame, can you take a guess at how to make the
browsed file appear in an immediately accessable window or even for
focus to switch to wherever it is being browsed?