Re: just comments fontified in latex mode?

From: Peter S Galbraith
Subject: Re: just comments fontified in latex mode?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:20:14 -0500

Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> wrote:

> I'm using the same .emacs as I used on my (broken) iBook, now working
> on a linux machine.  Just the comments are fontified by font-lock in
> my TeX files.  I asked my system administrator about this and he
> suggested using the hilit-LaTeX package.

I'd suggest _not_ using hilit-LaTeX and I'm the one who wrote it.
The hilit19 interface is obsolete.
>                                           It highlights stuff, but I
> didn't like the way it behaved (uses different colors, doesn't
> automatically rehighlight new $$'s, etc.).  Can anyone tell me how to
> get normal font-lock working again?

It should just work.

You might also give font-latex.el a try.  It's my hilit-LaTeX
replacement and is used in AUC-TeX (but can be used outside of AUC-TeX):

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/auctex/auctex/font-latex.el?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Peter