Re: Emacs newbie - Syntax Highlighting and Indentation

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs newbie - Syntax Highlighting and Indentation
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:01:56 GMT

> The really easy answer, is to upgrade to the latest version of Emacs from
> CVS, if you know how to - it maximizes color by default.

Huh?!?!  This hasn't changed since at least Emacs-20.

> Buried under "Faces", you will find "Font Lock Maximum Decoration".

This variable has been set to t (i.e. maximum) for a slong as
I can remember.
And I don't know anybody who actually makes use of it (other than
redundantly setting it to t that is).
There's a good reason it's buried.  I wish I could kill it once and for all.

        Stefan