Re: how to highlight the mark

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: how to highlight the mark
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:11:31 -0500

Wim Yedema wrote:

> Subject says it all really.  I want to highlight the mark kind of like
> the cursor.
>
> Wim Yedema

I don't understand the question.

Are you talking about highlighting the text between point and mark? If so
you need to be in X and use the transient mark mode under Options. It's on
your menu bar. It doesn't work in the console mode.

There are also various options under Options for the cursor itself. Plus
there's a setting to highlight the line your cursor is on.

Hope I've been helpful here. But maybe I'm entirely off base.

--Rod

--
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answered for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of the name.