RE: Running a SFU POSIX shell on Emacs for Windows

From: Neves-Graca, Sancho
Subject: RE: Running a SFU POSIX shell on Emacs for Windows
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:50:23 +0200

Thank you Andrew for your feedback. Your proposal enabled running the shell
mode for the SFU C shell. I would like to ask if you could consider the problem
mentioned below. Getting SFU shells to work will I think merit some
documentation (I intend to contribute it to either GNU or Interix).

After adding to ~/.emacs the commands

        (setq explicit-shell-file-name "C:\\WINNT\\System32\\posix.exe")
        (setq explicit-posix.exe-args '("/u" "/c" "/bin/csh" "-l"))

The following warning is given.

        csh: No entry for terminal type "emacs"
        csh: using dumb terminal setting

As per Emacs Windows FAQ I added the following to ~/.cshrc:

        if ("$term" == emacs) set term=interix

There remains the problem that the output of any Windows program called by the
shell is not displayed. This indicates that the output stream is misdirected.
How could this be corrected?