Re: OT: Run Ant in MingW shell?

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: OT: Run Ant in MingW shell?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:27:54 +0200

Paul Kinnucan <paulk@mathworks.com> writes:

> I just wanted to make sure that you are aware that the JDEE provides
> comprensive support for running Ant scripts from Emacs.

Yes, I set the build function to use Ant, and told <f9> <f9> to do
like C-c C-v C-b.  That's what you mean?

Very nifty.  Use it often.

However: I'm doing servlet developing, so I have an Ant target for
running Tomcat.  It never stops, so that I can look at the output.
So in the morning, I open a shell window (eshell currently), then
invoke "ant -emacs tomcat" from there, and from then on I can see all
debugging output in an Emacs window, for easy searching etc.

I do use <f9> <f9> routinely for compiling my *.java files and for
removing and restarting the servlet (using the Ant tasks provided for
this).

Hm.  Now that I think of it, if there is an easy way to tell C-c C-v
C-b to run a different target, then I could use it to run the
"tomcat" target, then rename the resulting compilation buffer.  This
would give me the same thing, but in two compilation buffers.

Hm.  Hmmm...  Why not?  Let me try (tomorrow).

Kai