Re: TT fonts in Emacs

From: Roman Belenov
Subject: Re: TT fonts in Emacs
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 12:49:36 +0400

bkhl@elektrubadur.se (Björn Lindström) writes:

>> Drop the following file in your /etc/fonts/ directory and restart your
>> font server.
>>
>> http://www.gnome.org/fonts/local.conf
>>
>> Worked perfectly for me. (Bitstream Vera Sans Mono) :-)
>
> I already have that file there. (I diffed it with the one on gnome.org,
> to be certain it's the right one.)

/etc/fonts is for apps that use fontconfig. For all the rest you
should have directory with TT fonts listed in FontPath in
/etc/X11/XF86Config and fonts.scale/fonts.dir files in that directory;
probably something is missing in your configuration.

--
                                                        With regards, Roman.

Standard disclaimer: I work for them, but I don't speak for them.