Re: Fill-paragraph for javadoc in netrexx mode

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Re: Fill-paragraph for javadoc in netrexx mode
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:38:02 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:

Do I need to copy the relevant elisp-code to my own mode?

I think borrowing would be best in this case as jde is kinda heavy to
include, although its great for java development.

I'd say, make a derived-mode:

    (define-derived-mode netrexx-mode java-mode "NetRexx"
      "A mode to edit NetRexx files."
      ...)

and in the `...' part, just change whatever needs to behave differently.
You can derive from jde-mode if you prefer, of course.

        Stefan "The derived-mode guy"
Derived Sir,
Is there a kind of tutorial or example I can shamelessly steal from that shows how to do a derived-mode?

By the way, I already rolled some 1100 lines of elisp and doc-strings, so I guess I'm a bit passed the derived-mode station. So I'll figure out the requirements for fill-paragraph for javadoc and build my own. That way I might learn a bit more about lisp.

And yes, I used the Source, Luke ;-)

TIA,

Arjan