how automate these steps in STARTING debuggers??? (gdb, pdb, etc.)

From: Christian Seberino
Subject: how automate these steps in STARTING debuggers??? (gdb, pdb, etc.)
Date: 8 Sep 2003 13:25:33 -0700

I am trying to start to learn to use C and Python debuggers in Emacs.

This requires M-x followed by the name of the debugger..... gdb or pdb.

I noticed gdb/pdb then ask for filename you want to debug.  It seems this could
be automated or at least ASSUMED to be the same file currently in buffer.
Is this possible??

Also, can I do all this gdb/pdb stuff in a new frame/window so it doesn't
impact file I'm editing??

Lastly, I redefined C-x in .emacs and this causes an error with gdb and pdb.
Is there any hope to make them both not conflict???

Chris