Re: global-set-key in X Windows

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: global-set-key in X Windows
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:46:50 -0600

Harter, Douglas wrote:

I am on Solaris Unix system. I use emacs a lot of the time using the X
Windows interface. However, there are times when I cannot use the X Windows
interface because  it is not available at that time.

Is there a way in emacs to find out if I am using the X Windows interface or
not?

| window-system's value is x
|
| Documentation:
| A symbol naming the window-system under which Emacs is running
| (such as `x'), or nil if emacs is running on an ordinary terminal.

I have found that the keys on the auxiliary keypad are defined differently
in X Windows  and non X windows. I would like to check if it is in X-Windows
and set some keys differently if it is not.
.

You shouldn't need to do that: Emacs should map the escape sequences sent by
your terminal to the same function key symbols as under X.  See the "Function
Keys" and "Terminal Init" nodes of the manual.

--
Kevin Rodgers