cookbook-like "idiots" recipe for grabbing a CVS emacs?

From: David Combs
Subject: cookbook-like "idiots" recipe for grabbing a CVS emacs?
Date: 27 Aug 2003 23:59:37 -0400

cookbook-like "idiots" recipe for grabbing a CVS emacs?

I need a cookbook-like "idiots" recipe for grabbing a CVS emacs?

(Likely, this is likely the *only* use I'll make of CVS --
way too hard to learn for just this one (maybe
repeated) use -- for emacs.)

All I want is the newest possible emacs-version, and I read (here)
that it's "in CVS".

Could someone show me some
"for total-dummies" recipe for actually grabbing the CVS emacs?

By far the best would be the exact commands, strings,
presto!, I've now got myself cvs'
emacs-<newest>.tar.gz?

Thanks so much!

David