Re: load custom minor/major modes

From: kgold
Subject: Re: load custom minor/major modes
Date: 5 Aug 2003 13:18:01 GMT

Thomas Ruschival <t.ruschival@vivid-md.de> writes:

> I found a elisp source that puts emacs into SQL*Plus mode for oracle
> SQL.  I can compile it and load it but ho do I tell emacs to load it
> whenever a file called *.sql is opened?

(setq auto-mode-alist
      (append '(
                ("\\.sql$"        . sql-mode)
                ) auto-mode-alist))

> I also like to modify the the java mode, I can't edit the global
> elisp file and recompile it so can I also modify menues on a user
> basis like i can set my tab size etc.?

Example:

(add-hook 'c-mode-common-hook
          (function (lambda ()
                      (setq c-basic-offset 4)
)))

There is a java-mode-hook as well, but generally people used the same
style for C, C++, and Java so the common hook is used.

Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646