Re: help with tags

From: Javier Oviedo
Subject: Re: help with tags
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:00:06 -0400

Thanks guys. I have another query about tags.

In my particular project we support multiple hw platforms. There are high
level C calls that are common between platforms but will call different
versions of the same function(same name). This is done based upon what the
target platform we are currently building for with the linker linking the
correct function for us....In other words, the same function name may exist
in multiple sub-directories. This would also apply to #defines, structures,
etc. Can tags handle this in an intelligent fashion while still keeping one
common tag file?

Currently, when I do find-tag, it stops on the first occurrence it finds in
the tag table. It would be nice if I could run a command that would go to
the next occurrence in the tag table. Does that make any sense? This way I
could cycle until I find the definition/construct that matches my current
platform.

I hope this wasn't too wordy. Thanks!

--
Javier