Re: Problem in building carbonated emacs on MacOS X

From: Steven Wu
Subject: Re: Problem in building carbonated emacs on MacOS X
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:26:54 -0700

tristero wrote:
In article <QkaSa.82493$OZ2.15454@rwcrnsc54>, tristero wrote:

In this particular case, autoconf won't detect carbon properly and
will therefore ignore the --with-carbon config option.  That's with
fink's autoconf.  It just now occurred to me that it might be actually
be a fink issue

It's not.  I just switched back to the standard autoconf and it fails
in the same way with gcc 3.3.  In particular:

checking Carbon/Carbon.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: Carbon/Carbon.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: Carbon/Carbon.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf@gnu.org. ##
checking for Carbon/Carbon.h... no

This is with the Dec 2002 Dev Tools + the 3.3 compiler update.  If
you have access to newer tools (XCode?), this may be fixed.  Did you
see this message during the ./configure step?

Yes, I saw that message too, I guess I have to wait for the newer tools before I switch to 3.3.

thanks for the info.

steve