Re: Caller of a function

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: Caller of a function
Date: 14 Jul 2003 16:44:29 +0200

On 14 Jul 2003, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> > Is there an easy way to find out the caller of the function?
>
>  Well, there's `backtrace-frame', but usually when you need this
>  functionality, it means your code should be written differently.
>

>          Stefan
>

>  PS: But `backtrace-frame' does come in handy sometimes in a really
>      ugly `defadvice' or when you're doing debugger-like or profiler-like
>      things.

Thanks for the pointer to backtrace-frame which i had already found via C-h i
"call stack" (like Kai ;-) but after playing a little bit i found that the
argument i have to submit to this function (the frame-number) differs
depending on the fact if my elisp-code is byte-compiled or not!

Any hints?

Thanks,
Klaus

--