List evaluation problems

From: Mario Domgörgen
Subject: List evaluation problems
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:28:20 +0200

Hejhej group!

Are elisp problems on-topic are? Hope so ...

In the moment i'm working on a cd ripper and ogg-vorbis encoder for
emacs and it's almost done. Only one problem..

I want to make it a little more user-costumizable and removed some
hardcoded parts, so for example the ripping switches. Here's the old
working function (a little ripped down to the important parts):

(defun oggel-rip-track (tracknumber)
  (let ((proc (apply 'start-process (concat "oggel-ripping-" tracknumber)
                     "*Oggel*" oggel-ripping-programm
                     "-t" tracknumber "-D" oggel-device "-x"
                     (list
                      (oggel-create-trackname)))
                     )))
                     [...]
    proc))

So and now my idea:

(defcustom oggel-ripping-switches
  '("-D" oggel-device "-x" "-t" tracknumber) ; oggel-device and
  ;tracknumber are just strings

(defun oggel-rip-track (tracknumber)
  (let ((proc (apply 'start-process (concat "oggel-ripping-"
                     oggel-current-tracknumber)
                     "*Oggel*" oggel-ripping-programm
                     (append
                      oggel-ripping-switches
                     (list
                      (oggel-create-trackname)))
                     )))
                     [...]
    proc))

But that just gives me:

(wrong-type-argument sequencep oggel-device)

I'm rather helpless as this is my first real elisp program.

It would be great if somebody could help me with that!

Mario

--
Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.