LaTex on windows

From: Peter Lee
Subject: LaTex on windows
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:26:17 GMT

I'm taking a stab at learning LaTex for some docs I need to write on
windows.  I took a sample and hit C-c C-v to view and got the message
"tex-view: You must set `tex-dvi-view-command'".  I'm assuming I need
an external viewer.  Can emacs not preview latex files?  If not, is
there a "standard" viewer that those on windows use for previewing?

TIA.