Reinstating windows state after ediff

From: Chris Stork
Subject: Reinstating windows state after ediff
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:13:14 -0700

Sometimes I split my frames in different ways into windows. Always after I use ediff this window state is lost.

It seems that I have to find/write appropriate functions to add to ediff-{before,after}-setup-window-hook. Has anybody done something like this already?

(Maybe it's a good idea to open a new frame for the two compared files and then (optionally) destroy it after ediff is done. Pro: it does not even touch any of the other frames. Con: it does not work on a terminal, which is fine for my puposes.)

Thanks,
Chris