Re: Why have "shell" when there's "term"

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: Why have "shell" when there's "term"
Date: 06 Jun 2003 09:50:08 -0700

In shell mode, all of Emacs is readily avaiable; in term mode, it
isn't.

Here's what I mean:

* in shell mode, you can easily scroll back to the beginning of the
  buffer with M-<, just like any other buffer; I don't think there's
  any way to do that in term.

* in shell mode, you can copy anything in the buffer -- your input or
  the computer's output -- with M-w, just like any other buffer; I
  don't think there's any way to do that in term.

Etc. etc.

--
People studying literature rarely say anything that would be of the
slightest use to those producing it.