Re: simple editor required

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: simple editor required
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 19:12:05 +0200

"Paul Edwards" <kerravon@nosppaam.w3.to> writes:

> ... didn't stop this auto-file-association from happening?  I basically
> don't want emacs to do any junk like that, I'm not interested in its
> assumptions, I'm after basic editting functions, rather than by
> default being launched into its weird ideas of what C code should
> look like (which is probably a style used by less than 10% of
> C programmers).

Please try typing C-c . in a C file, then use tab completion to find
the different alternatives.  Try them.  Maybe you find one which is
close to what you like.  When you have it, it can be tweaked some
more to get closer.

It's not always possible to get the *exact* indentation you specify,
but I find that syntax-driven indentation helps me so much with my
work that I just adapt my coding style to the way Emacs likes it.
For example, the indentation can tell me right away that a brace is
missing or too many.
--
This line is not blank.