cscope and emacs

From: Sushil Goyal
Subject: cscope and emacs
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 12:09:23 -0700

Hi Emacs gurus,
I am using emacs and cscope.
I have a tree located at a/b/ and all my cscope files are located in dir
/a/b/.
Now if I am reading file /a/b/c/d/. When I am trying to use cscope and do
any
anything like search this symbol or search for global definition, I get
the message saying that

Process cscope: CSCOPE Process exited abnormally with code 1

My .emacs file contains

(setq cscope-master-info-table
'( ("xyz"
    ("/p/bin/cscope" "-l" "-d")
    "/a/b/"
    nil)
   ))
If I create cscope files in /a/b/c/d/ then it works fine but then it
searches
only dir /d and not /c.

Any clue what is going wrong or what should I do?

thanks,
Sushil