Re: Is emacs helpful or necessary to gcc programming?

From: Mark Mynsted
Subject: Re: Is emacs helpful or necessary to gcc programming?
Date: 02 Jun 2003 08:18:40 -0500

This really does not answer your question, but I would recommend that
one select a text editor, perhaps Emacs, then use it for all
development.

What compiler one uses to compile code is really a lesser concern when
selecting a text editor.  One should select a text editor based on how
well it performs as a text editor not how well it integrates with a
particular compiler.  If the editor is "programmable" then one may
integrate it with any compiler.

Emacs fairs quite well using the above metric.

You may find the following URL of value:

http://www.amath.washington.edu/~lf/tutorials/autoconf/toolsmanual_toc.html

--
-MM
I rarely read email from this address          /"\