Re: global-set-key [? \ M-ö]

From: Martin aus Chemnitz
Subject: Re: global-set-key [? \ M-ö]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:45:35 +0100

> But the keyboard has to send characters in *some* encodings, doesn't
> it?  So wouldn't it be enough to ensure that the keyboard coding
> system and the coding system used by Emacs to read ~/.emacs are the
> same?
>
> Did the OP try the above method, or did he just try the unibyte
> thing?

I'm a little bit confused by your discussion.

As far as I can remember, I tried all of your suggestions including
(kbd "M-ö")
;-*- coding: latin-1 -*-
;-*- coding: latin-9 -*-
;(set-language-environment 'German)
comparing the encoding (C-u C-x C-=, its the same)

Tell me (fool-proof please) what to do and I'll try it.

Martin