How can I make *Messages* buffer write to disc?

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: How can I make *Messages* buffer write to disc?
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 01:44:19 GMT

How can I make the messages buffer write to disc as it goes along?

Is there some custome lisp that would do this?

I'm having a problem with something crashing emacs like a kill -9
had been run against it.  I think it might be usefull to see what is
in *Messages* just prior to such a crash.  So how can I write that
buffer to disc continually?