Re: customization of browse-url has no effect

From: upro
Subject: Re: customization of browse-url has no effect
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 17:21:41 +0200

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> upro <upro@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> Lute Kamstra <Lute.Kamstra@cwi.nl> writes:
>
>>> 3) you have a default.el that does this. To test the latter
>>> possibility, put
>>>
>>> (setq inhibit-default-init t)
>>>
>>> in your .emacs to prevent loading default.el.
>
>> You're great - with inhibit-default-init in .emacs it finally works!
> [...]
>> How come my custzom variable was not taken?
>
> Point 3) above.
>
> M-x locate-library RET default RET
>
> will tell you where the file is.

Oops - strange enough I don't have a file default.el... How can a
default value override my browse-program customization of there is no
default.el file?!?

Should I try to find one? I've been fine without until now...

--
Michael

r-znvy: zvpunry.wryqra  jro.qr (chg gur "@" jurer vg svgf...)
ab fcnz cyrnfr