Re: Help me unlock a file while in emacs on the Mac

From: Susan G. Conger
Subject: Re: Help me unlock a file while in emacs on the Mac
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 15:31:21 -0400

Andrew,

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

IT WORKS!  This has been bothering me for quite some time.

Thanks,
Susan

In article <m2of2ea7dj.fsf@owlbear.local>,
 Andrew Choi <akochoi_NOSPAM_@shaw.ca> wrote:

> "Susan G. Conger" <congers@yoeric.com> writes:
>
> > [...]  The file is really unlocked but the buffer thinks that it is
> > still locked.  I tried doing a C-X C-F to reread the file but it still
> > thought it was locked.  How would I change the mac-unlock-file so that
> > it realizes that it can now edit the buffer and be able to save the
> > changes back to the file.
>
> Oops, I forgot.  You need to call toggle-read-only, or change
> mac-unlock-current-file to call it for you.
>
>    (defun mac-unlock-current-file ()
>      (interactive)
>      (mac-unlock-file (buffer-file-name))
>      (toggle-read-only))
>
> > Also, I tried to assign F7 to the mac-unlock-current-file, however I
> > could not figure out how to get it to except just F7 as the command key.
> > Here is the commands that I tried:
> >
> > (global-set-key "^[[18~" 'mac-unlock-current-file)
> > (global-set-key "f7" 'mac-unlock-current-file)
>
> Please try:
>
>   (global-set-key [f7] 'mac-unlock-current-file)

Susan G. Conger       Custom Windows & Macintosh Development
President                      Web Site Design & Development
YOERIC Corporation             Database Design & Development
256 Windy Ridge Road
Chapel Hill, NC  27517
Phone/Fax: (919)542-0071
email:  congers@yoeric.com     Web:  www.yoeric.com