Re: M-x indent-region

From: Sanford Selznick
Subject: Re: M-x indent-region
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 20:47:37 -0700

In article <84el3cuiqd.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>,
 kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Grossjohann) wrote:
> Yeah.  Maybe it helps to set a really long max line length, and to
> tell it to honor existing newlines.
>
> But so far I've still only read the documentation, not tested it.
> It's not important enough for me...

Obviously.  ;-)

Here's how the final version ended up...

emacs -batch -eval '(find-file "~/test")' -eval '(c-mode)' -eval
'(indent-region (point-min) (point-max) nil)' -eval '(save-buffer)'
-eval '(kill-buffer (current-buffer))'

Where '~/test' is the file that will be wrapped in place, keeping all
tokens on the line they started on.  Note the '(c-mode)' in case the
file doesn't end in a c-program extension.  And note the third argument
on indent-region, which I'm not entirely sure is necessary or not.  But
it's working fine.

Thanks again for your help.

-Sanford