Re: Does Carbon Emacs ignore ~/.emacs ?

From: Joe Davison
Subject: Re: Does Carbon Emacs ignore ~/.emacs ?
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 20:25:19 GMT

On 3 May 2003, bk_usenet@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>  Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> wrote ...
>
> > bk_usenet@yahoo.co.uk (BK) writes:
> >
> > > Yes, I know there is XEmacs, but I do not wish to use it nor do I
> > > wish to discuss why I don't want to use it. Carbon Emacs is
> > > therefore the focus of this question.
> >
> > Isn't there a version of emacs for aqua?
>
>  Yes, that's the "carbonised" Emacs, hence Carbon Emacs, I am talking
>  about.

That's good to know, I use it when I don't feel like starting X11 and
using xemacs.   However the version at
http://emacs-on-aqua.sourceforge.net/ appears to be version 20.7
while you started off talking about version 21.1.30, which I presume you
built yourself?

Would you know if there is any plan to update the binary version available at
sourceforge.net with a more recent build?

joe