Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 20:41:53 +0200

Ajanta <ajanta@no.spam> writes:

> Andrew Choi <akochoi_NOSPAM_@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> So I'll not respond to his questions.  People asking for help should
>> have basic manners.
>
> OTOH you may wish to also consider that threads like this are read and
> followed not just the original poster but also hundreds or even
> thousands of individuals, more if we count those who might access it on
> Google.

Oh, come on. The first message in this thread was obviously not a
request for help but the shout of someone giving voice to his
frustration. And it even became worse in his replies. This is rude, to
say the least. And that is the benevolent interpretation. The slightly
less benevolent interpretation is that it was trolling. Regarding
this, he was treated very kindly and very politely so far.

> Strong language used on the net is not always a personal attack on
> anyone, it is just to get attention in a crowded chaotic place. Just
> a thought.

Does that actually work somewhere?

I don't mean "getting attention", obviously, but does it work to get
help somewhere on the net?

    Oliver
--
17 Floréal an 211 de la Révolution