save options and a few other issues

From: Alexander Nikolov
Subject: save options and a few other issues
Date: 03 May 2003 21:03:21 +0000

For some reason the options connected with highlighting are off each
time I start my Emacs(it wasn't like that a week or two ago). How can
I permenantly turn them on.
Another problem I have is that on my Mandrake 9.0 distro I can use Alt
as Meta only if I'm in X. If I'm using Emacs through the console only
Esc is working, which I find pretty uncomfortable.
I would also like to have auto-fill-buffer turned on by default with
each new buffer I open.

Thanks in advance.