Re: Does Carbon Emacs ignore ~/.emacs ?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Does Carbon Emacs ignore ~/.emacs ?
Date: 03 May 2003 15:41:51 +0200

tristero <tristero@waste.net> writes:

> In article <39d9c156.0305022345.33c850aa@posting.google.com>, BK wrote:
> > This involves (amongst other things) to put some load instructions
> > into ~/.emacs but I have my doubts that Carbon Emacs even bothers
> > to look at the file.
>
> There's nothing unusual about the carbon build in this respect. It
> reads ~/.emacs at startup in the usual way.
>

> > Yes, I know there is XEmacs, but I do not wish to use it nor do I
> > wish to discuss why I don't want to use it.
>
> How open-minded of you.

I don't think that finding out the name of the right initialization
file should be the main reason to decide on what editor to use.  If
the OP was going out of his way to achieve something that would be of
a crucially different complexity with a different program/system, it
would make sense to discuss his decision.  As it stands, you are just
being ridiculous.