more "M-x occur" Questions...

From: Javier Oviedo
Subject: more "M-x occur" Questions...
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:06:20 -0400

Hello all:

I'm not sure if I should put these on the previous thread or start a new
one...I'm not very up-to-date on newsgroup posting etiquette.

Here are some more occur questions:

1. Can occur highlight multiple instances of the expression per line?
Currently It highlights the first occurrence, but leaves subsequent ones
without highlight. Here is an example output of occur. The expression is
"load".  In the occur-mode window, only the first instance of load path is
highlighted.
        Example:
            :(setq load-path (cons "C:/data/joviedo/Emacs/site-lisp_21_2"
load-path))

2. When I have the cursor in the occur-mode window, I would like an easy way
to kill that buffer when I am finished with it. Ideally, I would like to
type "q" and that would kill the occur-mode buffer and return me to the
current file that I was searching in. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

--
=======
Javier