Questions concerning emacs

From: Urban Gabor
Subject: Questions concerning emacs
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:03:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I have two questions concerning emacs and I could not find
an answer.

1. I use emacs most of the time to edit program codes in C,
C++, perl, etc. I would like to have an intelligent template
editing. For example I type    'for' then emacs should
expand it to:
' for (  ;  ;  )
  {
  }'
or like that. How can I do that (is it possible at all?) ?

2. I find calendar/diary function very usefull. Is there any
extensio, which can be used to schedule meetings and tasks?
 For example
'Apr 23 2003  13-14:30 Meeting. '
Can emacs detect collisions in the diary entries?

Gabaux
Linux is like a wigwam: no gates, no windows, and an apache
inside!