Re: ObjC mode fontification and formatting

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: ObjC mode fontification and formatting
Date: 16 Apr 2003 18:29:05 +0900

Raffael Herzog <devnull@raffael.ch> writes:
> But I'd like Emacs to do the following:
>
> |     [anObject doSomething: str1   // fontify 'anObject' as
> |                                   // variable? (not sure yet)
> |                      with: str2]; // don't fontify 'with'
> |                                   // nor 'str2'
>
> How can this be done?

I don't really understand what's going on, but with a bit of
experimentation I got the following, which seems to work:

   (c-set-offset 'objc-method-call-cont
                 (lambda (x) (- (c-lineup-ObjC-method-args-2 x) 2)))

There's probably something less kludgey than subtracting 2, but I don't
know what it is...

[c-set-offset is `C-c C-o' in objc-mode]

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia