ObjC mode fontification and formatting

From: Raffael Herzog
Subject: ObjC mode fontification and formatting
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:12:21 +0200

Hi,

Playing around with GNUstep I also started Objective-C pro-
gramming. Now, there are some issues with cc-mode there:

,----
| -(void) doSomething: (NSString*) str1
|                with: (NSString*) str2
| {
|     [anObject doSomething: str1
|               with: str2];  // 'with' is fontified as
|                             // function definition, 'str2'
|                             // as variable
| }
`----

But I'd like Emacs to do the following:

,----
| -(void) doSomething: (NSString*) str
|                with: (NSString*) str2
| {
|     [anObject doSomething: str1   // fontify 'anObject' as
|                                   // variable? (not sure yet)
|                      with: str2]; // don't fontify 'with'
|                                   // nor 'str2'
|    // note the alignment ^
| }
`----

How can this be done?

TIA,

   Raffi

--
=> Neu im Usenet? Fragen?    http://www.use-net.ch/usenet_intro_de.html <=
  The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is