Re: outline-minor-mode color on by default?

From: Eladio Ventura
Subject: Re: outline-minor-mode color on by default?
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 22:26:06 +0000

* Stefan Monnier <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu> [030302
21:40]:
> Just for the record: it shouldn't work (and I think it won't work
> in future versions of Emacs) because it's a security hole.
>
> Question: why `text-mode + outline-minor-mode' rather than `outline-mode' ?

You're right. It smells like a security hole, all right. I mainly want
text-mode for adaptive-fill-mode, but I'm rather new to emacs, so if you
know how to get the same color effect turned on by default I'm all ears.
Hold the phone, can't I put -*- mode: outline-mode -*- at the top of my
textfiles? How does that work?

--
"Thinking gives you wrinkles!"
Malibu Stacy, the Simpsons