Tags List buffer size

From: Peter Lee
Subject: Tags List buffer size
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 20:35:44 GMT

Couple of questions regarding tags. I'm using ctags 5.23 with emacs
21.2 on winxp.

First of all the tags are being created. find-tag works fine, as does
tags-search.

When I run tags-apropos <regex>, it creates a new buffer called *Tags
List* running apropos mode. I would like to make it so this buffer
isn't created taking up half the height of my emac's frame.  Where can
I adjust the height of this newly created buffer?  I looked in the
apropos group for a customization and didn't find it.

Next, I was a bit disappointed that tags-apropos doesn't have a
listing similar to grep's output which includes filename and
linenumber. Does anyone know of any packages that can search the tags
file and produce output similar to a grep (which goes to a compilation
window I believe). I like the fact that with grep I can use next-error
prev-error to cycle through without actually having to go to that
buffer and hit enter, as well as the fact that the output has
filename/linenumber included for each line. I would like the same
thing for tags-apropos.

Thanks in advance.