Re: Loading local .emacs from remote machine

From: gebser
Subject: Re: Loading local .emacs from remote machine
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 20:08:34 -0500 (EST)

Kevin,

That's an idea, good for a lot of situations.  This is a client's
machine though and so in this instance it would be a little too
intrusive-- he doesn't have NFS running on his box and I wouldn't feel
comfortable starting it up and running it there.

My first thought was simply to edit my own (local) ".emacs" and putting
it on his machine (as, say, .emacs-ken, then doing "emacs -t
.emacs-ken").  I was looking for something even simpler and more
discrete than that.  (Sheesh, I'm a lazy SOB.)

Thanks for the suggestion,
ken