After installation problem

From: Emanuele
Subject: After installation problem
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:08:24 +0100

Hello. I am a novice to linux and for this reason have a major problem after all the steps of the installation for emacs 21.2. I don't find any way to get emacs started. It seems not to install any icon for the program and not to run from any position I tried. Maybe I lost some steps? I don't think, I run first ./configure, then make install and finally install, but not from menu or directory the program runs. Probably I have to configure some config file?
Why they don't make it a .rpm file?
Thanks