Re: bibtex-mode wishes

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: bibtex-mode wishes
Date: 17 Jan 2003 06:03:28 -0800

"Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu>
wrote in message news:<5lfzrydskh.fsf@rum.cs.yale.edu>...
> >  - If I crossreference an entry, the referencing entry should be
> >    sorted before the entry referenced to, otherwise bibtex wont be
> >    able to solve the reference.
>
> I also would like to see such a thing.
> An "easy" way is to make it possible to have several sections
> where the sorting only moves entries within their section.
>
> This way you can put the papers in the first section and the
> cross-referenced proceedings in which they appear are all in the second
> section.

The solution I posted previously does something slightly different: it
keeps the referencing entries with the referenced entry and sorts on
the referenced entry.  I have been using it for a while, and it is
convenient because you don't have to do anything special in the bibtex
file.

By the way, what is the best way to post to this group?   I have had
some difficulty getting through, hence the google post.

Regards,

Jim Ottaway