Re: How to input/display chinese?

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: How to input/display chinese?
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:23:48 +0100

maddog <maddog@163.com> writes:

>> Can you see Chinese in other applications?
>> When you type M-x view-hello-file RET
> It's ok when display hello-file.

Now you need to activate an input-method.  Use M-x set-input-method,
or C-x C-m C-\, or the menu Options/Mule (...).

You must choose one of the following.  Which is the recommended one
for you, I do not know.

Possible completions are:
chinese-4corner                    chinese-array30
chinese-b5-quick                   chinese-b5-tsangchi
chinese-ccdospy                    chinese-cns-quick
chinese-cns-tsangchi               chinese-ctlau
chinese-ctlaub                     chinese-ecdict
chinese-etzy                       chinese-punct
chinese-punct-b5                   chinese-py
chinese-py-b5                      chinese-py-punct
chinese-py-punct-b5                chinese-qj
chinese-qj-b5                      chinese-sw
chinese-tonepy                     chinese-tonepy-punct
chinese-ziranma                    chinese-zozy

You can start by using M-x describe-input-method or C-h I and read
through the descriptions for the input methods.

Alex.