Re: Re: global-font-lock-mode blocks manual

From: Mads Lindstrøm
Subject: Re: Re: global-font-lock-mode blocks manual
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 02:48:16 +0100 (CET)

Bugger. I actually made a mistake in the first
message. What I meant to say was in stead of
(add-text-properties 1850 2000 '(mouse-face
highlight))

I meant
(add-text-properties 1850 2000 '(face highlight))

That is, 'face'-property not 'mouse-face'-property.
The mouse stuff works fine.

My problem is with the 'face' properties.

When font-lock-mode is on, it is impossible to set the
'face' with add-text-properties. When it is off, it
works fine.

I trief to do M-x text-properties-at, in an area where
I had set the 'face' property to 'highlight' (as shown
above). When font-lock-mode was on, it just kept
whatever property font-lock-mode had already sat the
'face' property to.

I actually have a guess about what happens. When I set
the 'face' property, font-lock-mode gets to know that
the text have changed, and therefore inspects and
changes the text itself.

I just want to know, if there is anyway I can have
font-lock-mode and my own highlightning at the same
time.

Sorry for the mistake I made.

Jesper Harder writes:
> Mads Lindstrøm <mads_lindstroem@yahoo.dk> writes:
>
> > When I set global-font-lock-mode, commands like
> >
> > (add-text-properties 1850 2000 '(mouse-face
> highlight))
> >
> > does not highlight the text anymore.  Anybody know
> a way to both have
> > global-font-lock-mode and manual highlightning of
> text?
> >
> > I am running Emacs 20.7.2 on a Debian GNU/Linux
> box.
>
> It works for me in Emacs 21.2 (I don't have a copy
> of 20.7 installed).
>
> What do you get when you execute `M-x
> list-text-properties-at' with
> point in the text that is supposed to have the
> property?

Beskyt din computer mod virus og misbrug! Læs mere i Yahoo! Sikkerhedscenter på
www.yahoo.dk/sikkerhedscenter